This is a sample chapter from my new book ‘Writing with Stardust’. It is now available on amazon.com and amazon.uk. To see the book cover and read about it, just click the title:
LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4 LEVEL 5 OTHERS
|mercury-red hair||magma-red hair||ruby-red hair||solferino-red hair||vermeil-red hair|
|molten-red hair||lava-red hair||rouge-red hair||Titian-red hair||vermilion-red hair|
1. Her hair was mercury-red and it tumbled over her shoulders.
2. Her hair was magma-red and it crashed over her shoulders.
3. Her hair was rouge-red and it spiralled over her shoulders.
4. She had tresses of Titian-red and they plummeted over her shoulders.
5. She had swirls of vermilion-red and they cascaded over her shoulders.
|midnight-black hair||kohl-black hair||coral-black hair||sable-black hair||vulcanite-black hair|
|ebony-black hair||moon shadow-black hair||cobalt-black hair||maw-black hair||obsidian-black hair|
1. Her hair was midnight-black and it flowed over her shoulders.
2. Her hair was kohl-black and it plunged over her shoulders.
3. Her hair was coral-black and it toppled over her shoulders.
4. She had locks of sable-black and they surged over her shoulders.
5. She had tresses of obsidian-black and they swooped over her shoulders.
|sunrise-gold hair||moon gleam-gold hair||star flame-gold hair||ore-gold hair||Arc-of-Covenant gold hair|
|sunset-gold||moon glint-gold hair||star beam-gold hair||harp string-gold hair||Valkyrie-gold hair|
1. She had lush, sunrise-gold hair.
2. She had lavish, moon gleam-gold hair.
3. She had luscious, star flame-gold hair.
4. Her hair was ore-gold bright and luxurious.
5. Her hair was Arc-of-Covenant gold and luxuriant.
|locks of chestnut-brown hair||wisps of auburn-brown||tumbles of russet-brown||swirls of caramel-brown hair||skeins of copper-brown hair|
|coils of leaf-brown hair||ringlets of tawny-brown hair||tresses of mousy-brown hair||spools of nougat-brown hair||Restoration curls of cinnamon-brown hair|
1. Locks of chestnut-brown hair curtained her oval face.
2. Ringlets of tawny-brown hair veiled her heart shaped face.
3. Tresses of russet-brown hair shrouded her Slavic face.
4. Swirls of caramel-brown hair wreathed her moon shaped face.
5. Restoration curls of cinnamon-brown hair garlanded her angular face.
COLOUR OF EYES
|dreamy, bliss-blue eyes||alluring, galaxy-blue eyes||lambent, jade-green eyes||dewy, mist valley-green eyes||effervescent, champagne-brown eyes|
|languorous, rapture-blue eyes||enticing, constellation-blue eyes||fulgent, beryl-green eyes||nebulous, Eden-green eyes||vivacious, virility-brown eyes|
1. She had dreamy, bliss-blue eyes. They were globe round.
2. She had alluring, galaxy-blue eyes. They were orbit round.
3. She had lambent, jade-green eyes. They were pond round.
4. She had dewy, mist valley-green eyes. They were duck-pond round.
5. She had effervescent, champagne-brown eyes. They were dew-pond round.
|puffy lips||bee stung lips||oxbow lips||trout pout lips||silicone enhanced lips|
|pouting lips||heart shaped lips||Cupid’s bow lips||botox boosted||collagen enhanced lips|
1. She had puffy lips. They were kiss-inspiring and satin soft.
2. She had bee-stung lips. They were sugar plum sweet and silk soft.
3. She had Cupid’s bow lips. They were plummy, plump and suede soft.
4. She had trout pout lips. They were succulent, sultry and velvet soft.
5. She had silicone enhanced lips. They were sumptuous, sensuous and velour soft.
|honey sweet lips||strawberry sweet lips||sugar sweet lips||cherry sweet lips||nectar sweet lips|
|syrup sweet lips||saccharine sweet lips||sugar candy sweet lips||melon sweet lips||sherbet sweet lips|
1. She had honey sweet lips. They were lilac soft.
2. She had saccharine sweet lips. They were blossom soft.
3. She had sugar sweet lips. They were butter soft.
4. She had cherry sweet lips. They were beeswax soft.
5. She had sherbet sweet lips. They were pillow soft.
|a cheerful personality||a bubbly personality||an elegant personality||a demure personality||a winning personality|
|a joyous personality||a bouncy personality||a ladylike personality||a genteel personality||an infectious personality|
1. She had a cheerful character.
2. She had a bubbly outlook.
3. She had a ladylike temperament.
4. She had a genteel persona.
5. She had a winning disposition.
A SWEET VOICE
|a soothing voice||a sugary voice||a nectarine voice||a dulcet voice||a melodious voice|
|a songbird sweet voice||a syrup sweet voice||a saccharine voice||a dulcimer sweet voice||a mellifluous voice|
1. She had a songbird sweet voice and her hair blazed in the sun.
2. She had a syrup sweet voice and her hair flashed in the sun.
3. She had a nectarine voice and her hair glinted in the sun.
4. She had a dulcimer sweet voice and her hair gleamed in the sun’s rays.
5. She had a melodious voice and her opulent hair glittered in the beams of the sun.
1. She wore gothic clothes in a rebellious way.
2. She wore kidult clothes in an offbeat way.
3. She wore chic, shredded clothes in a mutinous way.
4. She wore fluoro clothes in a non-conforming way.
5. She wore bleached, naff clothes in an out of kilter fashion.
LEVEL 1: BASIC SENTENCES
1. She had a shapely figure. FIGURE
2. It was imp-thin. BODY
3. She was wasp-waisted. WAIST
4. She had glossy skin. COMPLEXION
5. She had slender eyebrows. EYEBROWS
6. Her eyelashes were velvety. EYELASHES
7. She had sea-nymph ears. EARS
8. She had a dainty nose. NOSE
9. She had shiny, halo-white teeth. TEETH
10. Her fingernails were varnished. FINGERNAILS
11. Her hair was molten-red. RED HAIR
12. Her hair was ebony-black. BLACK HAIR
13. Her hair was sunrise-gold. GOLD HAIR
14. She had coils of leaf-brown hair. BROWN HAIR
15. She had rapture-blue eyes. BLUE EYES
16. She had pouting lips. SHAPE OF LIPS
17. She had syrup-sweet lips. SWEET LIPS
18. She had a joyous personality. PERSONALITY
19. She had a soothing voice. SWEET VOICE
20. She wore grungy clothes. CLOTHES
LEVEL 2: A BASIC PARAGRAPH
She had a sculpted figure which was twine-thin. Her waist was tapered and she had a burnished complexion. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose. A set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she blew gently on her carmine-red fingernails. It was a pleasure to see her flowing, moon shadow-black hair. Her enticing, constellation-blue eyes gazed at me over her puffy, heart shaped lips. Her lips tasted strawberry sweet when I kissed her. She had a bouncy personality and a sugary voice, which I adored. Not content to be just another drone, she wore vibrant clothes.
LEVEL 3: CREATIVE PARAGRAPHS
I first met her on a holiday to an exotic country. The moons delicate light had just turned the world a-flame with silver when I saw her. She had a comely figure which was stem-thin. Her curvilinear waist didn’t surprise me as much as the saffron tint to her complexion. She must be a native, I thought to myself. Her crescent shaped eyebrows inclined slightly as she saw me staring at her. I yelped at being caught. Her languid eyelashes of velvet-black blinked once slowly, as if to invite me over.
When I came closer, I noticed her scrolled ears and her elegant nose. She nuzzled me with her nose and I couldn’t believe it. It was the custom for her people, I reckoned. It was love at first light. Her luminous, heavenly-white teeth flashed as she pawed at me with her film star nails. Her hair was a glorious tumble of star beam-gold and her virility-brown eyes set my heart a-thump. Her oxbow lips positively drooled with goodness. Oh! Those sugar candy-sweet lips, her elegant personality, all mesmerized me. She may not have had a saccharine voice or retro clothes, but what do you expect when two Labrador pups meet in a dog pound?
LEVEL 4: ADVANCED PARAGRAPHS
Her Amazonian figure sat well on her wafer-thin body. She had a decanter shaped waist and her complexion had an impeccable, ochrous hue. Her pencil-thin eyebrows eased down gently to her black, beetle’s-leg eyelashes. A sculptor could not have fashioned her seraph’s ears and pixie’s nose any better.
When she broke into a smile, her beguiling, oyster-white teeth lit up the room. It could jolt you like an electric current when that megawatt smile gave you her full attention. Filed to perfection, her Venus-red fingernails ran through her nougat-brown hair. Spools of it plunged around her photogenic face and hid a swan’s neck, elegant and smooth. I loved her nebulous, Eden-green eyes which were a-sparkle with the ‘joie de vivre’. They were like two beryl-green jewels melted onto snow.
Her calamine-pink lips tasted like rose petals. It surprised me that they were plump and botox-boosted as she had a demure, timorous personality. She whispered to me in a dulcet voice as sweet as any songbird. Her voguish clothes still kept captive an aroma redolent of cinnamon and meadow-fresh mint. It lingered in the room long after she had gone.